Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sipping latte in Seattle

This weekend we headed to Seattle to visit George, who was in town on a layover. He's on his way to South Korea for 12 months. (Good luck George--we'll be thinking about you!) It was a quick trip, but we had a great time catching up with George and seeing some of Seattle's sights. I LOVED Pike's Place Market. If I lived in Seattle I would fight the crowds every week to do my shopping. Although I'm not sure I could live in Seattle. The stench of incense is just too strong. ICK. Not too many pictures, because it rained much of the afternoon. Go figure.

Pike's Place Market




Overlooking the Sound from the Space Needle.




Atop the Space Needle.


For you, Stephanie Stewart. :)


On the way home we stopped at Mt. Rainier. We planned to do a little hiking, but were surprised to find feet upon feet of SNOW. We never actually saw the summit the whole time, even at 6500 ft up.




Hello, again!


BURRR! 35 degrees. (In May)

1 comment:

  1. We loved Pike's Place Market too. Such beautiful fruit! The jar of jam that Dad bought was confiscated at the airport. . . . . : - (

    That looks like a "shaggy" old red fox to me!

    ReplyDelete